Monday, May 26, 2014

Countdown to City of Heavenly Fire: City of Lost Souls

Hey everyone! As you may have noticed, there is just ONE day until the release of City of Heavenly Fire, the final book in the Mortal Instruments series, wrapping up all the loose ends we leave off with at the end of City of Lost Souls. We've been posting every other day so make sure to check out our other posts including some makeup by Kiersten, fanart picks by Marlon, and outfits by me.

For today's post, I thought I would create a short playlist of songs inspired by the contents of City of Lost Souls. I think the timing is perfect because I know some good music is always good for pumping me up for an event!

Warning: these are NOT spoiler free explanations.
If you haven't read City of Lost Souls yet, you can purchase it on Amazon here!

1. At Anchor - Port Blue 

I thought of this song fitting into one particular scene in the beginning. "That was the thing about New York: you always knew more about your neighbors' business than you wanted to. Magnus's door was cracked slightly open, and the sounds of music playing softly wafted out into the hall." This song always makes me think of someone walking through the city never quite knowing what to expect or who to expect which is certainly true with Magnus and his decor and outfit changes!

2. Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas 

I'll admit that the Supernatural fan within me chose this but with the Simon and the Mark of Cain business how could I not? I think this song shows how much he still has to go through and how much has happened to him since he's gotten involved in Clary's "new" life. Simon is sometimes pushed to the side but he is not a small force!

3. Time Travel - NeverShoutNever!

This one is less literal than the first two but I got some vibes of the Jace/Sebastian possession relationship thing going on there. Some of it came from the way the song outlines a process of going out and seeking something and part of it because he doesn't know who he is and he has lost control, symbolizing the both of them. In a weird way, I think this song captures both of them well. 

4. Radioactive -  Imagine Dragons 

I think this song fits so well into the whole scene where the giant army of dark Shadowhunters fights our beloved heroes and everything seems to be falling apart.

5. Arms - Christina Perri 

Okay, one more Alex and Magnus song but I always think of them and the ending of the book and where their relationship starts to head makes it all the more bitter but you just KNOW they're meant to be so this is their song because they are home to one another. Also Alec has some nice Shadowhunter runed up arms.

If you want to listen to the playlist, I've uploaded it to Spotify here so be sure to check it out!

- Noor

What songs remind you of City of Lost Souls?
Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment