Sunday, March 19, 2017

#SignedBookSunday: This Shattered World - Kaufman & Spooner

This Shattered World 
Aime Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Series: Starbound, #2
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Goodreads

For #SignedBookSunday, I am featuring This Shattered World. This is the second book in a series that I adored. This book was a SciFi Romeo and Juliet, and did an amazing job advancing the story of the colonies and the whispers.

I was lucky enough to meet Megan Spooner at YallFest back in 2015, and was able to get my book signed. I was quite sad last year, because I was unable to attend the event again. To date, I would say this is one of my favorite bookish events. There are so many reasons to love this YallFest!

That time, when Sloth met Meagan Spooner

  • The event is essentially free. YallCrawl and almost all the panels are free of charge. There are a few ticketed events, but the charge is nominal. I paid $7 per ticket. 
  • It's in Charleston, South Carolina. This was my first trip to Charleston, and I have to say, it is a beautiful city. The people were lovely, and I ate some fantastic southern food. 
  • Usually, I am stuck in a convention center, but here, the festival takes over! It was so much fun, walking from place to place for different events, and there are book lovers everywhere! 
  • YallFest is packed with ah-mazing authors every year. There are tons of signing opportunities, and incredible panels. I struggled selecting the events to attend. 
  • The atmosphere was friendly and there was always someone on the line, who wanted to talk about their favorite books with you. 

I hope to attend YallFest again this year, and to someday attend YallWest as well. Fingers crossed!











What was the best bookish event you have attended?
Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment