Friday, August 18, 2017

Discussion: Teen Wolf - Isn't It Bromantic?

One of my favorite TV shows is back, and it's sort of bittersweet for me. I am happy to be back in Beacon Hills, but I am sad, because this is the final season. 😭 Let's share some special Scott and Stiles moments together:






This is a show that just kept getting better and better every year. Considering it was based on a silly movie, it was incredible to see it grow into such a stupendous show. There are so many things I adore about this show, the action, the monsters, the mystery, the humor, the romance, but most of all I love the friendships. One friendship which I found to be so special was the friendship between Scott and Stiles. They had a really special connection, and that is totally #FriendshipGoals if you ask me. So, today I want to talk about:

BROMANCES

As a female, I have first hand experience with female friendships, but I will never be part of a bromance. Because I will never experience this type of relationship for myself, I find them interesting. In the past, society has always show male friendship in a particular way, but we are starting to see more and more really close male friendships where is ok for men to show their sensitive side. They talk to each other and discuss meaningful things. They can bring their problems to each other, and they listen to each other. They offer comfort and support to each other, and it's quite a beautiful thing. I love seeing strong bromances on TV and I also adore them in books. I was trying to think of some good book bromances, and I came up with this list.

BONUS TV BROMANCES:

































What are your thoughts on bromances?
Let us know in the comments!
SaveSave

12 comments:

  1. I adore bromances! It's probably one of the few reasons why I still like to watch Supernatural (TV Show). It's a breath of fresh air watching how close Sam & Dean are without all the society imposed macho BS getting in the way C:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam and Dean definitely have a beyond brotherly relationship, and I love them too. Macho totally used to be the norm (watch old programs), and I much prefer bromances to that.

      Delete
  2. SHAWN AND GUS! The purest, most hilarious bromance of all time. Their friendship is probably my favourite TV friendship, and I can't really think of any bookish ones that come close to comparing. Scott and Stiles are also a great pick, especially from the first season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shawn and Gus really are a breed apart from the rest. I love how they balance each other, and well, so many 80s references. They are definitely my people.

      Delete
  3. Bromances are the BEST! So I have not read/watched all of these, but SO MUCH yes to Q, Radar, and Ben (Radar and Ben stole the damn show), and The Sauce Crew ::SOBS:: I loooove me some Turk and JD, and who doesn't love Joey and Chandler!?

    Some that I have always liked.. OH! Corey and Shawn from Boy Meets World! Jasper and Monty from The 100 (you knew that show would pop up here hahha), Roar and Perry in Under the Never Sky... I am sure there are more, but those popped into my head first! Love this topic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corey and Shawn, absolutely! They are like a junior bromance, but so legit. Um, I have never seen The 100, but I do know of your undying love. Under the Never Sky is a series for which I own the books, yet have not read them (I am the worst).

      Delete
  4. Who doesn't love a good bromance? I don't know why we all love them so much but we do. Scott and Stiles are such good besties. They have their moments of falling out but they are better together and it's wonderful. I saw the end gifs and SHawn and Gus! And I have a strong urge to watch me some Scrubs for good old Turk and JD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are three of my faves. I miss Shawn & Gus and JD and Turk so much. Stile and Scott are Teen Wolf. When O'Brien was injured and not on the show for most of the season, it seemed like something was missing.

      Delete
  5. I haven't really noticed bromances in the books I read, but goodness, Chandler and joey are my favourite of all time. I cried when they had to move away from each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Friends so much. Thursday nights were THE night for great TV back then.

      Delete
  6. I love bromances! Since I'm a female I also will never be part of bromance but they just seem so chill.. like even when they have gossip they share it secretly it's hilarious to watch xD I totally agree with Jem and Will, they are the ultimate bromance, and that hospital scene between stiles and scott are my favorite too!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jem and Will are definitely my favorite Shadowhunters bromance. Alec and Jace are good, but there is just something about what Jem and Will shared (including the love of their life!)

      Delete