Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Can't-Wait Wednesday: The Forgotten Book - Mechthild Gläser

Can’t-Wait Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I can't wait for The Forgotten Book!

The Forgotten Book
Mechthild Gläser
Series: n/a
Release Date: January 2, 2108
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Waited on by: Sam
A Jane Austen-inspired YA tale about a sixteen-year-old girl who finds a magical book—and discovers that anything she writes inside it comes true.

Emma is used to things going her way. Her father is headmaster of her prestigious boarding school, her friends take her advice as gospel, and she's convinced that a relationship with her long-time crush is on the horizon.

As it turns out, Emma hasn't seen anything yet. When she finds an old book in an abandoned library, things really start going Emma's way: anything she writes in the book comes true.

But the power of the book is not without consequences, and Emma soon realizes that she isn't the only one who knows about it. Someone is determined to take it from her—and they'll stop at nothing to succeed.

A new boy in school—the arrogant, aloof, and irritatingly handsome Darcy de Winter—becomes Emma's unlikely ally as secrets are revealed and danger creeps ever closer.

Truth: I could not resist this book, because that cover!!


But I have far less shallow reasons for wanting to read this book as well. 
  • I saw the mention of a boarding school, and you know, I like boarding school books. 
  • There is magic! I write in the book and it happens. This always has a way of going awry and I want all the gory details. 
  • There is a villain trying to steal the book, and I love a good battle. 
  • And of course I am on board for some romance










What are you waiting on?
Let us know in the comments!

22 comments:

  1. I love the cover, too, and I like the Austen inspiration. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pretty! I have only seen Austen movies and read Austen inspired books, but have yet to read one of her books. *shame*

      Delete
  2. Ooo... this one sounds like fun! I recently read Eligible and thoroughly enjoyed it:). Thank you for swinging by earlier and have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been looking at Eligible. I almost checked it out, when I saw it was available, but i Have a ton of review books to get to. Hopefully soon.

      Delete
  3. This book has a great idea and I hope that the author is better able to build a world in her second book than she did in her debut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read anything by her, but this looks like it has been out (in German), and it was well received.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful cover and a book about books! This one has so much going for it already. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wanted to love The Book Jumper but it just didn't work out for me -I have to admit though that this does sound very tempting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't read Book Jumper, which also had a great cover, but maybe this author will execute the story better

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry, Sam. I was reading through the comments and the first one with Angela's name stuck out at me-- I love the cover too! I want this one so much! For all the reasons you do. It sounds like it will be good. I hope it is. Thank you for bringing this one to my attention. It's definitely going on the wish list.

    Here is mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a cover-ho and it always makes me take a closer look. Hopefully the story lives up to the cover

      Delete
  7. What a cool concept! I don't think that I have seen this one before and I am totally excited for it now! Another one to add to the TBR. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed the either executes the concept well

      Delete
  8. I loooooooooove this book's cover! It is pinned to my Pinterest board of pretty covers and I am definitely after this book. I'd not read the author's previous book but that one also has a gorgeous cover. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Sam. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty covers are the best. I am not familiar with the author's previous book either, but apparently this is a translation and reception has been favorable for the German version.

      Delete
  9. You're right -- that cover! The book sounds wonderfully promising! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love beautiful covers. I am reading a book right now, and thank goodness the story appealed to me, because the cover is tragic. I think I only looked past the cover, because I was trying to get a lot of debuts.

      Delete
  10. I want this book just for that cover. Gorgeous! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover hints at a magical world I want to know more about. I hope it lives up to the cover.

      Delete
  11. I have to agree with you about that cover---utterly gorgeous! But all those other reasons are good too. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am as deep as a puddle when I talk about covers, but this one is exquisite.

      Delete