Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Love and Other Train Wrecks - Leah Konen

Can’t-Wait Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I can't wait for Love and Other Train Wrecks!

Love and Other Train Wrecks
Leah Konen
Series: n/a
Release Date: January 2, 2018
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Waited on by: Sam
A twenty-four-hour romance about two teens who meet—and perhaps change their minds about love—on a train ride to Upstate New York in the middle of a snowstorm

One train ride. Two strangers.

Noah is a hopeless romantic. He’s heading back home for one last chance with his first love, whom he broke up with when he went off to college.

Ammy doesn’t believe in true love—her parents being prime examples. She’s escaping from a mom who can’t take care of her to a dad who may not even want her. That is, until one winter night when Noah and Ammy find themselves in the same Amtrak car heading to Upstate New York.

After a train-wreck first encounter between the two of them, the Amtrak train suddenly breaks down due to a snowstorm. Desperate to make it to their destinations, Noah and Ammy have no other option but to travel together. What starts off as a minor detour turns into the whirlwind journey of a lifetime, and over the course of the night they fall in love. But come morning their adventure takes an unexpected turn for the worst. Can one night can really change how they feel about love...and the course of their lives forever?
Why I want to read this book:
  • I really enjoyed Konen's, The Romantics, and I am hoping this book has the same charm and humor I previously enjoyed from her.
  • I have read quite a few twenty-four-hour romances, and there is something so fun about them. 
  • A snowstorm, a train wreck, and two very opposite people -- the possibilities!!!
  • I love hopeless romantics, and this Noah sounds like a hero I can become invested in. 
  • Ammy kind of sounds like me, and I am interested in seeing what affect Noah has on her.
  • It's a book about love and being in love and reflecting on one's views about love. Did I mention it's about love?












What are you waiting on?
Let us know in the comments!

33 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the chance encounter in the middle of a storm - I hope it proves to be a fabulous read. My Can't-Wait offering this week is a children's fantasy - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/11/15/cant-wait-wednesday-15th-november-2017/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like a train wreck and a snow storm being part of your meet-cute.

      Delete
  2. This seems such a cute contemporary. Being a hopeless romantic myself as Noah, this novel is a must read for me. Thank you for sharing.

    Happy readings!
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when the hero is the more romantic character. I don't know if it is because I wish it had been like that in my past relationships or what, but I am such a fan.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a really cute book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this sounds like a really sweet read! I hope that it's everything that youre hoping it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really happy with Konen's last book. I mean, she had love as a character, and she delivered the sweet, cute romance I am a fan of. If she does anything like that again, I will be pleased as punch.

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a cute story; I love that they meet on a train (my husband works for a railroad).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a really cute story. Hope you love it and snag a copy soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a mix of stories, but the cute, fun ones are my faves.

      Delete
  7. Aw, what a cute premise! Sounds like the perfect book to curl up with this winter.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think of the winter thing. It is a great book for this time of year.

      Delete
  8. This one sounds cute! I do love a good 24 hour romance there is something fun and special about them! Great pick! I will need to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds so cute and I love the idea of a 24 hour romance :) Added to my TBR so thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I really like the fast forward that the time constraint puts on the story. It usually results in a good pace for the book too.

      Delete
  10. Cute pick! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not usually interested in romance, but this one sounds really good...I love the snowstorm part of this plot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a lover of contemporary romances, and the whole trapped together thing usually works well for me.

      Delete
  12. Love the sound of this one! The fact that it takes place in 24 hrs is a bonus. That's always fun when done well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding I have a soft spot for the 24-hour romances. I can think of a bunch off the top of my head, which I really enjoyed, and I think Konen will do a great job with it.

      Delete
  13. OMG, I can't wait for this one, either!!! YAAAAAY!!! Well, you know wht they say about great minds....lol. But seriously, I KNOW this one will be FUN. I'm SO looking forward to it!!

    Thanks for commenting on my own CWW post!! Have a GREAT day, Sam!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CWW/WOW is one of my favorite posts to read. I love to see all the excitement, and I love when someone else wants to speculate about why a book will be great with me.

      Delete
  14. This sounds really cute. I like the idea of them being thrust together purely by chance and seeing where it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all over any book that seems cute, and Konen did some great things in her last book. So, I am confident this one will work for me.

      Delete
  15. For some reason I love stories that happen on a train :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It like they are kind of trapped, but not as much as if they were at sea or on a plane. The location changes too without the MCs going anywhere, and there are lots of random strangers, who can add to the fun.

      Delete
  16. Maybe it's because I literally just got back from a train trip to New York, but I really like the sounds of this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one makes me think of when I used to take the Amtrak to Syracuse to visit my daughter. I only took it in the winter, because I don't like driving through the mountains when it snows. I am happy to report, no snowstorm crashes.

      Delete
  17. I'm SUPER excited about this one too! The cover first caught my attention but after that, the story also sounds darling. Needless to say add in the contemporary setting, and I have high hopes for this one. :)

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland, Sam!

    ReplyDelete