Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Winner Take All - Laurie Devore

Can’t-Wait Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I can't wait for Winner Take All!

Winner Take All
Laurie Devore
Series: n/a
Release Date: January 30, 2018
Publisher: Imprint
Waited on by: Sam
For Nell Becker, life is a competition she needs to win. For Jackson Hart, everyone is a pawn in his own game. They both have everything to lose.

Nell wants to succeed at everything—school, sports, life. And victory is sweeter when it means beating Jackson Hart, the rich, privileged, undisputed king of Cedar Woods Prep Academy. Yet no matter how hard she tries, Jackson is somehow one step ahead. They’re a match made in hell, but opposites do attract.

Drawn to each other by their rivalry, Nell and Jackson fall into a whirlwind romance that consumes everything in their lives. But when a devastating secret exposes their relationship as just another game, how far will Nell go to win?

Visceral and whip-smart, Laurie Devore’s Winner Take All paints an unflinching portrait of obsessive love, toxic competition, and the drive for perfection.
The first thing that caught my attention was the setting. I went to public school, but for some reason, I love books set in prep schools. There is just something about the sort of trouble rich, privileged kids can get into. I was also drawn to the two main characters. They both are driven and want to be number one, so you know this will be a torrid and troubled romance. I often pick the light and fluffy, but a dark romance can be quite delicious if done properly, and this one has the promise of taking me on a wild ride.












What are you waiting on?
Let us know in the comments!

26 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of books set in prep schools too. The focus on obsessive love, toxic competition, and the drive for perfection definitely sounds like a recipe for an intense read too! I hadn't heard of this one before so thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to tag in for a good cut throat book every now and then, and I am all about the prep school aura

      Delete
  2. Oooh! A new one to me! This sounds like a must add to my TBR. I love the sounds of the rivalry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sound of this book! I love drama books! The more, the better the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am normally all for low drama, but this sounds like a perfect combination of elements.I am

      Delete
  4. This one sounds good! I do love all the drama that could happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy the prep school setting too, and torrid romance mixed in too. Sounds like a good mix to me. Great pick!

    Jenea's Book Obsession's CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like a storm of a romance to get me excited

      Delete
  6. I totally love these types of books as well! This is a new one for me to add to the TBR. Thanks for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about the whole set up that appeals to me

      Delete
  7. Oooh! This sounds like a cute read! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds pretty intriguing and that cover definitely catches my attention. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about crimes of the heart that appeals to me.

      Delete
  9. I was looking at this one the other day, it does look like it will be quite the read. I hope you love it when you get the chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I get to read it and it lives up to the hype in my head.

      Delete
  10. Oooh this sounds really good! Prep school settings are always really entertaining to read about, so I'm definitely going to have to keep this one in mind. :) Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous choice! <3

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why, prep school and boarding school books are always a yes for me

      Delete
  11. This sounds great and I love that cover! I hope you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover interests me. I want to know the significance of it.

      Delete
  12. Oh I like this! The drive for perfection, obsessive love and everything in that last line = a perfecrt combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another dark one for me, but I feel like the main characters could be fantastic.

      Delete