Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Am Thankful I Read This Year

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is...

Books I Am Thankful I Read This Year!

I have read over 300 books this year, and so many wonderful books have found me. There are a multitude I am thankful to have read, because they have given me hope, made me happy, or made me cry, but most of all, they left some sort of impression and I really enjoyed the experience.

The Art of Feeling
Laura Tims
Series: n/a
Publisher: HarperTeen

This book was about a family that was lost after their mother's untimely death, and this was their journey towards healing. I liked that it showed how grieving can take many different forms; it's not one-size-fits-all, and I remember loving it so much, I wanted to hug the book.


Words in Deep Blue
Cath Crowley
Series: n/a
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers

I was really happy I read this book, because it introduced me to the brilliant Cath Crowley. Her writing, her characters, and the story were all perfection, and Crowley has earned a placed on my go-to list.


A Short History of the Girl Next Door
Jared Reck
Series: n/a
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers

I break out in tears every time I think about this book. This book was funny, heartfelt, heartbreaking, and just made me feel so much. I fell in love with Tabby, Matty, and his family, and hope to read more of Reck's work.


Autoboyography
Christina Lauren
Series: n/a
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

This was a beautiful love story, but what distinguished it from others, was the way the authors handled the religious aspect. It was done respectfully, and I really appreciated them not villainizing the church.


Daughter of the Pirate King
Tricia Levenseller
Series: Daughter of the Pirate King, #1
Publisher: Fiewel & Friends

This book just had me smiling from beginning to end. I loved the characters so much, and was grateful to have been swept up in their adventure. It was just pure escapism, and I loved it!


My New Crush Gave to Me
Shani Petroff
Series: n/a
Publisher: Swoon Reads

The light and fluffy are among my favorite books, and when I had read this, I was starting to sink into a slump. This book was so fun and such a treat, which left me so happy and filled with yuletide spirit.


When Dimple Met Rishi
Sandhya Menon
Series: n/a
Publisher: Simon Pulse

I adored Dimple and Rishi so much! The characters had so many fabulous traits, and I loved seeing them grow together. Just thinking about this book puts a smile on my face, and I cannot wait to read more from Menon.


A Million Junes
Emily Henry
Series: n/a
Publisher: Razorbill

Emily Henry blew me away with her first book, and she dazzled me once again with this book. I now feel as though I can count on her to take to a pull me into her magical and lyrical world, and leave me starry eyed.


Geekerella
Ashley Poston
Series: n/a
Publisher: Quirk Books

I thought this was such a great retelling. It was so adorable and fun and it just delighted me. I swooned, I giggled, and I was left with a perma-smile on my face.


Wonder
R.J. Palacio
Series: Wonder, #1
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf

This is a book that I feel everyone sound read. Not only is it so touching and heartwarming, it is all about choosing kindness and that is a message I can get behind.





What are some book you are glad you read this year?
Let us know in the comments!

36 comments:

  1. Ooo, lots of books for me to explore! Thanks for sharing your list of books this week.

    My TTT post for the week is as follows:

    https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/11/top-ten-tuesday-top-twelve-books-im.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you pick up one or two of them and enjoy them as much as I did.

      Delete
  2. Words in Deep Blue was a book I was going to read and never got to, but I remember seeing good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words in Deep Blue was just there perfect cocktail of my favorite things. Loved it so much.

      Delete
  3. Great list! Words in Deep Blue was such a lovely read as was When Dimple Met Rishi. Most of the rest of these are still on my TBR so it's nice to know I'll be in for a real treat when I get to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words in Deep Blue just gave me all the feels! I adored all the different love stories that were touched upon -- the happy, the sad, the tragic. They all touched my heart.

      Delete
  4. Nice list! I haven't read any of these, but I'd love to read Daughter of the Pirate King. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daughter of the Pirate King was just such a wonderful and epic adventure. I totally recommend it, and the sequel is coming, which looks ah-mazing too!

      Delete
  5. I loved Daughter of the Pirate King - I put it off for way too long, and I'm so glad I finally read it. What a fun ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I squealed when I got Pirate King and then couldn't stop averring my love for it after I read it. It really was so much fun!

      Delete
  6. What a great list! I loved A Million Junes. I am reading Autoboyography now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMJ is just so magical -- more Emily Henry now, please. Autoboyography was even better than I thought it would be. Enjoy all the feels.

      Delete
  7. I really like the sound of some of these books! :-) I'm happy to say Geekerella is on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geekeralla was just a super cute, super fun book. Loved it from beginning to end and I smile fondly when I think of it.

      Delete
  8. Yes, I love both A Million Junes and Daughter of the Pirate King. Both are two different types of books, but they both were some of my top favorite books of this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMJ was everything I expected and more! DotPK was just fun, fun, fun, and I can't wait to read more from Levenseller.

      Delete
  9. When Dimple Met Rishi <3 Words in Deep Blue and Daughter of the Pirate King are on my TBR so I hope to get to them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My love for Dimple and Rishi is HUGE! And I hope you do get to Deep Blue and Pirate King, because both are so wonderful.

      Delete
  10. Great list! I enjoyed Wonder a lot. I still need to read When Dimple Met Rishi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder is such an incredible and beautiful story, and just speaks volumes to my heart.

      Delete
  11. OOoh nice ones! Lots of new to me ones! Though I still need to read Daughter of the Pirate King! Can't wait though!! Glad it made your list!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pirate King was so awesome. Read it, quick! The sequel is coming!

      Delete
  12. Great list! I loved Wonder and A Million Junes. A Short History of the Girl Next Door is one the way to my house so I am thrilled to see that it made your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have the tissues ready. There are some really painful parts. I am so happy I had Matt's incredible family there for support.

      Delete
  13. Aww great picks! I need to read almost all of these still, oops! The only one I have read is Words in Deep Blue, and I agree, it was quite lovely! OH no, I read DotPK too, that was a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so obsessed with Crowley now. I bought the ebooks I could get and plan to binge read, so I can bask in her words.

      Delete
  14. I haven't read the books on your list but I have When Dimple Met Rishi on my TBR pile ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dimple and Rishi was all sorts of adorable fun. I hope you get to it!

      Delete
  15. Ooo! I'm thrilled to see 'Crush' on your list! That one is currently sitting in my Amazon cart. Ran across it on a whim, say it was a Christmas-y story, and decided I had to read it. ;)

    Also on my TBR is Geekerella and 'Words.' Plus I'm curious about your first pick too - haven't read a lot about it, but it sounds interesting.

    Happy reading - and Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crush was so adorable, fun, and festive. I loved it! The Art of Feeling had me feeling so many things, and I way Tim's used physical and emotional feeling and not feeling to tell this story.

      Delete
  16. Over 300 books?! Super impressive! The Art of Feeling and A Short History of the Girl Next door are both on my to buy list. They both sound spectacular and like the YA contemporary I always end up loving. My New Crush Gave to Me is also high on my list - I just can't resist the Christmasy cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously, I thought all three were ah-mazing. It just depends on what you are looking for. Crush is pure, adorable fun and so festive. Feeling is full of feels. It's a grief book, but also a story of friendship and family. Short History elicited the most tears from me, but it as also very sweet and I loved Matt and his family so much.

      Delete
  17. I absolutely loved Wonder and Words in the Deep Blue so I am so glad to see it on your list. :) Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly have read so many great books this year, but Wonder is head and shoulders about the crowd. Who knew a middle grades book would impact me so much.

      Delete
  18. Daughter of The Pirate King was so much fun! I read it in like 4 days, which is great for me because I'm not the fastest reader :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/11/21/top-ten-tuesday-134/

    ReplyDelete